The Public Works Department is responsible for sanitation, including trash, leaf and limb pick up, as well as street maintenance.
Limb and Leaf Removal
Please refer to the schedule below for the collection week in your area.
- All leaves must be bagged for collection and limbs must be no longer than six (6) feet in length.
- Leaves and limbs must be placed neatly along the curbside for the automated truck arm to reach.
- Please note that this program is designed for the resident who makes his own cuts, not for collection of limbs trimmed by private companies.
- Residents may still bring bagged leaves and limbs directly to the Public Works facility at 725 Industrial Drive free of charge during regular business hours.
- No dumping is allowed after hours in the front of the Public Works building.
|Week||Collection Areas (Within City Limits)|
North Robertson County Residents
Includes all residences north of Hwy 76 and west of Hwy 31W.
North Sumner County Residents
Includes all residences east of Hwy 31W and north of Raymond Hirsch Parkway.
South Sumner County Residents
Includes all residences south of Raymond Hirsch Parkway and east of Hwy 31W.
South Robertson County Residents
Incudes all residences south of Hwy 76 and west of 31W.
Public Works Facility Dumpster
- $15.00 each - single items including appliances, furniture, mattresses, etc.
- $50.00 per load - pickup truck load of refuse
- $10.00 each - tires on or off the rim
- Any load containing tires or an item that would fit in the single item category will be charged $50.00 plus the cost of the additional item(s).
- Customer requested extra collection of large items or extra refuse will be double the above amounts.
- No commercial or construction refuse will be accepted for disposal at the Public Works facility dumpster.
- Examples of accepted items: hot water heaters, stoves, microwaves, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dryers, furniture, and metals
- Examples of items not accepted: appliances or machinery containing any gaseous substances, computers (monitors, CPU, loose computer parts), paint cans or paint sealers containing liquid (must be dry or filled with kitty litter, sand, or oil dry)
Collection Information and Routes
Residents are notified of their regular refuse collection days by way of a white sticker affixed to each trash cart. This white sticker includes instructions for use of the cart as well as the assigned collection day. Only refuse inside the trash cart will be collected. If you have any questions about your notice or refuse route, please call the Public Works Department at 615-672-0215.
Each household is allowed to bring in two (2) pick up loads of household refuse to the Public Works Facility located at 725 Industrial Drive per calendar year (January 1st to December 31st). The loads must be brought during our normal business hours which are Monday through Thursday 7:15 am to 5:15 pm.
Photo identification and or proof of residency will be required (examples: copy of your sewer or property tax bill). If the citizen wishes to utilize the service after the two (2) free loads have been utilized then normal facility dumpster charges will apply.
The City does not have the staff or equipment to service all streets within city limits. TDOT is responsible for salting and plowing Hwy 31W, SR 76, Raymond Hirsch Parkway, Portland Road, Tyree Springs Road (south of Raymond Hirsch), and interstate ramps. Click here to view the primary salt and plow routes Once primary roads are cleared we will address side roads that need to be cleared.