The function of the Criminal Investigation / Detection (C.I.D.) Unit is to investigate all reported crimes. These crimes include identity thefts, narcotics, sexual assaults, robberies, burglaries, etc. We work the crime scenes through the investigation and into court. After patrol personnel take the initial report, the C.I.D. Sergeant review the reports and assigns them to investigators. All investigators are highly schooled in such areas as death investigations, crime scenes, fingerprints, evidence handling, sex crimes, court presentations, and surveillance.
Detective Danny Ward and Detective Sergeant Dan Hunter
Tips for Preventing Identity Theft / Credit Card Fraud
- Sign your credit/debit cards as soon as they arrive.
- Keep a record of your account numbers, expiration dates, and the phone number and address of each company in a secure place.
- Keep an eye on your card during the transaction and get it back as quickly as possible.
- Void incorrect receipts. Destroy carbons.
- Save receipts to compare to billing statements.
- Open bills promptly and reconcile accounts monthly, just as you would your checking account.
- Report any questionable charges promptly and in writing to the card issuer. Notify card companies in advance of a change of address.
- More identity theft help is available at the Federal Trade Commission Identity Theft website.